Electronic Resume Tips
When sending your electronic resume online, follow these tips to ensure you prepare an easy to read electronic resume.
- Use plain text, bold headings and use bullet points rather than long paragraphs.
- “Save” or “save as” your electronic resume as a word file (DOC), text only file (TXT) or Adobe Acrobat (PDF. When saving, use only standard characters for the file name and keep the file size to a minimum.
- Left justified is the preferred format for viewing an online resume.
- Electronic resumes are searched by keywords (i.e. marketing, engineer).
- When responding to an online job advertisement, use words from the job description as keywords.
- The more keywords you use, the better your chances are that a recruiter will see it.